Christ Church was founded in 1843 and from its founding has been supported by the donations and pledges of its members and friends. Please consider making a pledge!
Please take a look at some of our Stewardship Resources for 2022-2024
The Stewardship Letter was mailed to every family on our mailing list. You can email Marie@ChristChurchPelham.org to make a Pledge via email or call the Parish Office at 914-738-5515 or you can mail in your pledge card or drop it off at the church. Stewardship Sunday in 2023 is December 3.
September 28, 2023
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Dear Friends in Christ,
With trumpets, psaltery and harp, we are pleased to announce the launch Gratitude & Growth: the 2024 Stewardship Campaign for the Parish of Christ the Redeemer.
We are grateful for the generosity shown by so many this past year which has allowed our parish to thrive in these challenging times.
• Last year’s Stewardship Campaign totaled over $460,000 in pledges (our most ever!), from 110 pledge units. We are especially grateful to one family that challenged the parish with a $25,000 matching pledge and to those who increased or made new pledges as part of the match.
• We called a part-time Youth Minister whose efforts to welcome back families are already bearing fruit. We are also grateful to the three families who each matched the $5,000 Grant from the Diocese of New York to support our new Youth Minister.
• We are grateful to that our spaces are now being rented and used by more community groups, included Hearts & Homes for Refugees and Pelham Troop 1.
• We are grateful to every member of the parish who donated time and energy to ensure that the countless events we offer (worship, choir, fellowship, women’s connection, Men’s group, Sunday School, VBS, Tag Sale, and more!) were blessings to our parish and community.
For 2024, we are determined to increase our Pledge total and number of Pledging units so that we can continue to establish the kind of vibrant family-centered Parish we need and deserve. Pledge cards and other information will be mailed out in the coming weeks, but for now, there are two important dates to mark on your calendars:
1) Sunday, October 22nd at 5PM: Singing Songs of Thanksgiving: Everyone in the parish is encouraged to come to a communal Hymn Sing at 5PM in the church followed by a special wine and hors d’oeuvres event not to be missed. Now is a great time to start writing down your favorite hymns found in the Hymnal 1982.
2) Sunday, December 3rd, is Advent & Stewardship Sunday: Pledge cards will be blessed at 8am and 10am and post-worship festivities will feature our traditional unforgettable Stewardship Brunch. It is our hope and intent that this year’s Stewardship Campaign will combine the quite serious issues of challenge and commitment with the joy of fellowship and affirmation.
2023 has been a year of growth and vitality following the challenges of the past few years. Thank you all for your generosity in making Christ Church the wonderful place that it is. Thank you for being part of this Christ-centered and Spirit-filled community that draws parishioners from as far away as Jersey City to Poughkeepsie, from Connecticut to the Bronx.
Thanks be to Almighty God, we have become a critical beacon of Jesus Christ’s message in this part of New York and the world.
Curtis Chase, Stewardship Chair
Jeff Bodenmann, Senior Warden
Etta Gumbs, Junion Warden
The Rev. Matthew Mead, Rector
We must always give thanks to God for you, brothers and sisters, as is right, because your faith is growing abundantly and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing. – 2 Thessalonians 1:3
BUDGET & FINANCIAL INFORMATION
- Archives – Including Annual Reports, Budgets, By-Laws, and Historical Articles & Documents