Stewardship & Pledging
2019 Stewardship Material
- Letter 1 (From the Stewardship Chair & the Rector)
- Letter 1 Attachment (Where our money comes from & How we spend our money)
- Letter 2 (From the Stewardship Chair & the Rector)
- Letter 2 Attachment (Endowment & Buildings)
- Letter 3 (From the Rector)
- Letter 3 Attachment (Stewardship & Pledging)
- Estimate of Giving Card 2019
Why is a pledge better than a weekly donation in the plate?
The vestry can’t build a budget based on plate offerings.
Pledging is the simple process whereby members of the parish make a financial commitment towards the support of Christ Church for the coming year. Your pledge is a commitment to give consistently, which allows us to plan carefully and make responsible decisions about the operating budget and funding critical ministries.
You are not locked in. If circumstances change, you can adjust your pledge up or down any time during the year. Some people make one annual pledge payment. Others pay weekly, or anywhere in between. We issue statements for tax purposes and proper record keeping. The amount you pledge is kept confidential and, ultimately, the amount is between you and God. If you have any questions about pledging, please contact Father Alan or any member of the Stewardship Committee.
Giving Securities and Special Bequests
We gladly accept gifts of marketable securities as a way of fulfilling your pledge or making contributions to the church. If you are interested in donating a marketable security to the church, please contact Marie Main in the Parish Office at 914.738.5515 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need to provide the following information:
- Name of stock
- Exact number of shares being transferred
- CUSIP number for the security
- Company Name & DTC broker number
We will gratefully acknowledge your gift and send an acknowledgement letter stating its mean value.