Welcome to Pilgrimages at Christ Church
This page details past and future pilgrimages and trips for members and friends of Christ Church. View our Pilgrimage Blog to see updates and photos from our most recent Pilgrimage. Read below for info on past and future Pilgrimages.
GREECE: FOOT STEPS OF SAINT PAUL: 2020
We are already planning pilgrimage to Greece in 2020. Dates and itinerary are still being worked out. The We are taking early reservations for htis trip. To reserve your spot on this trip please contact Parish Administrator Marie Main (email@example.com) today. Nonrefundable early reservation deposit is $100. Checks should be made out to Christ Church with “Greece Pilgrimage” in the memo. Our full itinerary will be available January 2019. A sample Pilgrimage “Christianity Encounters Europe: Paul’s Missionary Journeys in Greece” is here.
MONTREAL: PRAISE GOD WITH STRINGS & PIPE: 2019
In 2019 we will take a mini–musical-pilgrimage is to Montreal. The trip will include a visit to Juget Sinclair, the organ builder currently building Opus 51 for Christ Church Pelham. We will also visit several local churches, and we are planning to have our choir sing evensong at a local church in Montreal. To reserve your spot on this trip please contact our Parish Administrator Marie Main (firstname.lastname@example.org) today. Nonrefundable early reservation deposit is $100. Checks should be made out to Christ Church with “Montreal Pilgrimage” in the memo. Our tentative dates are February 15-19, 2019, which is President’s Day weekend and the start of Winter Vacation for the Pelham Schools. Our full itinerary will be available around Thanksgiving 2018.
HOLY LAND: FOOT STEPS OF JESUS: 2018
From August 20 to September 1, 2018, a combined group from Christ Church Pelham and Immanuel-Church-On-The-Hill went on a Pilgrimage to the Holy Land. Our group of 41 pilgrims was led by Iyad Quimri, Father Matthew Mead, and Father Randy Alexander. Father Matt blogged each day of the Pilgrimage. His blogs are here:
- Pilgrimage Blog Main Page
- Welcome to the Pilgrimage Blog
- Pilgrims on the Bus
- Day 0 (Tuesday) – 41 Pilgrims Together
- Day 0 (Tuesday) – Photos
- Day 1 (Wednesday) – Mt. Scopus, West Bank, Herodium
- Day 2 (Thursday) – The Old City, Western Wall, Gabbatha, Dead Sea Scrolls
- Day 3 (Friday) – The Church of the Holy Sepulcher, The Upper Room Down Below, Armenian Vespers
- Day 4 (Saturday) – Bethlehem
- Day 5 (Sunday) – Gethsemene & Ramallah
- Day 6 (Monday) – The Desert to Jericho to Nazareth
- Day 7 (Tuesday) – The Sea of Galilee
- Day 8 (Wednesday) – Chapels of the Ten Lepers, Jacob’s Well, and St. George & Back to the Old City
- Day 9 (Thursday) – Stations of the Cross, Emmaus, and the Dead Sea
- Day 10 (Friday) – The Holocaust Museum & Many Partings